Customer avatar is your ideal customer you want to engage with repeatedly. This customer might be the most profitable, loyal or even an advocate of your product.
To gain insights while building customer avatar, you can send either a questionnaire to prospects/customers, interview them, talk to product or sales team. The best insights can be found when a combination of above are used.
To know how to make a customer avatar follow this link.
Customer avatar should be detailed so that you have precise targeting while you launch your campaign. So dont be shy while asking questions, use the 3 whys to the best effect.
Here are some sample must ask questions you should definitely use. Feel free to customize the questions. You can even make them multiple choice or a likert scale. Also, personal questions should be optional.
- Email ID
- Phone no.
- Gender (Male/Female/other)
- Relationship status (Single/Married/Divorced/Separated/Widowed/other)
- Education (Graduate/Post graduate/school dropout/Studying/others)
- Work (Salaried/Self employed/business owner/looking for a job/sabatical/other)
- Family Size
- What is your current role?
- What skillset is required to carry out your job?
- What additional skillset will you acquire in next 5 years?
- What knowledge of tools do you require to complete your job?
- What does your day typically look like?
- What do you do on your day off?
- What industry do you work in?
- What is the size of your company?
- What is your goal in life?
- What has been your biggest challenge in life? How did you overcome?
- What has been your biggest success in life?
- What would you do differently if you could go back in time?
- Where do you consume information from?
- What do you do in free time?
- How would people describe you?
- In a single sentence, describe yourself?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your avenues for entertainment?
- List down the sport you played in the last 2 years
- Did you take a vacation in the past one year? where did you travel?
- Which apps do you use frequently
- Which websites do you visit frequently
- Which magazines/Newspaper/Books do you read
Related to your product
- Have you ever bought our product / similar product?
- Have you ever used our product?
- what do you think about our product?
- What competitors do you know about? Have you used their product? Can you compare.
- What are pros and cons?
- What are the major pain points/callenges?
- If you were the product manager, how would you improve the product?
- What would make you buy our product?
- What makes you buy, what you buy?
Ask as many questions as you need to complete your ideal avatar. Note, it is always better to inform your prospects about the length of your interview/questionnaire.